Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wrigley Field Blues...



Someone once sat down next to me at a bar looked at my hat and declared. “I hate the cubs!”

I said. “How can you hate the Cubs…that’s like hating a retarded kid…”

Skolnick said the Queen was a major shareholder of the Tribune company…Which explains why the cubs play like they’re playing cricket….





At one time because WGN was in 3rd world countries the cubs were the most loved team worldwide…misery loves company…

Let’s play two!!!!!

Oh the Wrigley stories I have….

7 years old I get a call from my Dad from work…

“Why aren’t you going to the Cub game?”

“I don’t know” was my 7 year old response.

So my parents make sure I get on one of 20 buses going down to Chicago for the Deerfield youth baseball league Cub outing…

Only the T ballers were too young…So I was down at Wrigley with lots of people I didn’t know…tried to keep an eye on one guy I sort of recognized…I think he was an 8th grader and kept trying to shake me…finally he did….

I spent 5th through 9th inning in the lost and found…Cubs lost to the mets 9 to 5 and 19 buses left without me…the 20th razzed the hell out of me when I was finally found….


Oh no you don't... Our son got his striking out genes from your side of the family...
Percentages dictate someone with a keen eye draw a walk in this critical situation...
Okay I admit... I took a called third strike when I married you but
I was on the rebound from a real man and looking for the opposite... Give me that bat and I'll gitterdone...



My parents mean well but retards shouldn’t breed…I think Hitler was right about that one….

Then there was the time Chuck Berry played after the game…My softball team with the help of a bus and a keg were a bit sauced….Tooty, my buddy said, “Let’s go dance on the dugout…”

I said, “Okay!”

Tooty and his girlfriend were intercepted by Andy Frain ushers I made it successfully…I did the chuck berry duck walk thingy all the way to the end of the dugout…turned it into an elvis thingy with some knee double jointed action….dropped to my knees and came up into a moonwalk….

Then I was dragged off to the appreciative cheers of thousands who were so inspired they stormed the field…

I sat in an office like a kid waiting to see the principle…I tried on a Andy Frain Pith Helmet and it fit perfectly….

My friend Tooty peaked around the corner and started laughing…

Mr. Wrigley the Principle came out of his office and dismissed me….I returned to the mess I created and we eventually got on the bus and ate the other half of the big sandwich. The End….

Ask me about the time I took my son and my nephews to the game and the girls in front of us kept lifting up their shirts…WRIGLEY RULES! Cubs suck yes but Wrigley Rules!!!!



I don't expect people will watch this entire video but it is a nice slice of life... people say "you only live once."  But that isn't true if you have a child, you get to experience life again through their eyes...





No comments:

Post a Comment