Friday, November 11, 2011

The Mind Front




What's with Geno? Nothing... He always pretends to be catatonic 
when it's his turn to do the dishes...



When my son was a Jr. in High School…he called me about 4pm about a project due the next day on the first world war….Kids…jeesh...  I took he and his study partner Manfred to quickly do a video project at the Veterans museum on World War One….





So we shot a video, recorded a rap song and edited it by bedtime for the next day. LOL.

Truthers wrestle with the idea of what the real intention of WARS were…

I post a moment of silence at the 4:15 point for all the vets who died in war because they died BELIEVING they were doing the right thing…

Whether they were lied to or not…

Many regret the loss of innocent life as a result of these lies but many THOUGHT they were doing the right thing…

I think if we are to bridge those who fight with those who question…this is key…in my humble non vet opinion who appreciates courage from all sides…

I hope this helps…


MOVIE MAKING WORKSHOPS FOR KIDS

I produced the following movies with kids in schools in a couple afternoons. As you can see kids these days have a surprising knack for creative abstraction and sardonic humor. I guess growing up with Saturday Night Live and Mad TV helps them to make wiseguy a second language. Which was fun for me since I got to plug a couple social barbs into the mix.





This video is pretty abstract and in my opinion there are very strong political and social symbolism in it whether we meant to or not. Public schools are a battlefield in many ways. The elite doctrine is to mold children into a citizenry that repeats the official program rather than encouraging vast multi dimensional learning, discovery and analytical thinking. 

See Charlotte Iserbyt, for her work on the subject.




Continuing on the theme of indoctrination this Zombie movie makes some point regarding the treatment of schools in the black community.


Superhero placement agency to me shows the dashed dreams that results from filling children with unreal expectations about their opportunities beyond school.


This is sadly one of my favorites as it depicts the mental health of children. The information
they are asked to process should drive anyone insane let alone children...


This one obviously has the underlying theme of drugs, addiction, dealing drugs and perhaps what they are putting into foods these days to effect the body in ways most are unaware of. Other themes like cliques and popularity are explored.



This leftist leaning environmental video is punctuated by a brief editorial by me midway in that explains the hidden hook in the green movement. Of course everyone wants a clean environment but it's when the environment is used as a trojan horse for totalitarian draconian measures is what people have to wake up to.







If I can offer a suggestion on blog entries I would like people to tell stories about creative moments in school where you felt good or changed or enlightened by the experience. Plays, videos, music, art, writing... anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment